backgroung

Monday, March 23, 2015

Day 23 - Revitalized!

Spring Break rocks!!! Can anyone disagree with me? It is a great opportunity to relax and spend some much needed time with my family. As anyone who is a teacher knows, you can't help but spend an awful lot of personal time focusing on the students throughout the school year. It is important to have that break to remind me that my own family is the most important part of my life. I have to say, though, that today was a great day. It was a fun day to be a 4th grade teacher. We did some reviewing for next week, but we didn't dwell. I was able to meet with small groups in both writing and reading, and it felt so good. My students were more relaxed than I have seen them in a while. It is so funny that the week before our state assessment, we are more laid back than we were before Spring Break. My kindergartener also told me, in his own sweet way, about how nice his teacher is because she helps him. I think the break was good for him, too.

I was so happy to see my students this morning, and I could tell that most of them returned with a pep in their step. That makes me smile. There were plenty of new haircuts to compliment and battle wounds to fuss over. Each child had a story to tell. What a great opportunity for them to add to their own Slice of Life journals! I can't wait to read them and respond. They love when I give them a note back, and they can see that their audience was interested in their writing.

I'm so glad we came back on a high. I wish it would last for the remainder of the year. Maybe it will... stranger things have happened!

Sincerely,
Tara Reed

2 comments:

  1. A zap of energy for the home stretch is a good thing indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that they have SOL journals. Are you the only audience?

    Can't wait for Spring Break here - another week and a half!

    ReplyDelete