backgroung

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Data

Today I got to do one of my favorite things... talk about assessment practices and put them to use. One of the fun parts about having a new teammate is continuously being reminded of how important it is to have consistency and deep understanding in our work. It was engaging and informative to sit with colleagues, study student samples, and debate score points and evidence. These moments remind me of two things. First, my profession is remarkable. We work hard to ensure we are doing everything possible to move kids along in their learning. Second, our students are impressive. Every day I’m blown away by what they offer in discussions around books, writing, and life. They are such different people than we were when we were kids. I’m not sure I could have done what these kids do. They make it exciting to come to work and see what they come up with next.

Data is an amazing, complicated, needed tool for learning. I’m glad to have a district that values student progress and the importance of critical thinking.

Sincerely,

Tara Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment