backgroung

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Bittersweet?

I missed Day 4.  I went to watch GUYER play football. It’s so weird, even this many years after Tripp graduated to sit in the stands and see other young men wearing the jersey #s of my son and his friends. I see my friends sitting in my place as a senior mom and my heart hurts a little for them. I know they they, too, will soon feel what I feel now.

There is, however, a silver lining for me. I have Brody. He has blessed our family many times over by being just the surprise we needed. I am excited about the future. I am looking forward to sitting again amongst those senior moms several years from now. I imagine I will approach it a little differently than I did the first go round, or even the second. I love my family and all the parts that make it unique. I know I’m blessed and plan to be present, in the moment, and enjoy whatever comes our way.

Choose joy, my friends. Why not?

Sincerely,
Tara Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment